Ironman South Africa inc African Champs Triathlon
March 29 @ 7:00 am - 11:59 pm
29 March 2020
1. GENERAL ONLINE REGISTRATION:
Individual Entry registration opens on Monday, 24 June 2019, 4:00 pm (CET).
|Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship
|Tier 1: 6.680 ZAR (24 June 2019 – 28 October 2019)|
|Tier 2: 7.360 ZAR (29 October 2019 – 12 February 2020)|
|Tier 3: 8.420 ZAR (13 February 2020 – 11 March 2020)|
|Race Ready Package: 8.800 ZAR (until 22 September 2019)|
|Please note that price changes can occur at any time!|
Note: Athletes who enter after 20 February 2020 will receive hand-written numbers and won’t receive priority AWA or TriClub racking. This is due to material deadlines to ensure athlete packs are completed on time for the event.
2. SAVE MORE THAN R 1000 WITH THE RACE READY PACKAGE DEAL:
Save more than R 1000 when you enter the 2020 Race Ready Package Deal. Enter the IRONMAN 70.3 South Africa (26 January 2020) and IRONMAN African Championship (29 March 2020) races on special offer. This package is valid until midnight on Sunday, 22 September 2019.
3. DEFERRAL OPTION:
Athletes who register on or before 22 September 2019 are eligible to defer their 2020 race entry to the 2021 Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship, event free of charge. All deferral requests will be honored until 45 days before 2020 race day regardless of the reason for deferral. The deferral may only be used once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any partial refund or insurance refund.
4. CHARITY ENTRIES:
Entry slots are available for the Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship under the IRONMAN 4 the Kidz Charity Trust. Athletes entering under the IRONMAN 4 the Kidz banner raise funds and obtain sponsorship which is used to support underprivileged kids through the IRONMAN 4 the Kidz registered NPO.
5. TRANSFER & WITHDRAWAL:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ATHLETES:
- Athletes must be 18 years or older on race day to compete.
- Please note that a 24-hour payment system is active. If proof of payment is not received
within 24 hours of registering your entry, it will be marked as stale and your entry
will be forfeited.
- No reservation of slots.
- Please note that payment is strictly to general, mid-tier and late entry times.
- Once entries are sold out, no additional slots will be made available.
- Athletes flagged for medical reasons MUST provide a signed medical certificate at the
time of entering or within 1 month after entering to certify they are medically fit to
enter the event.
- All athletes who are not registered Triathlon South Africa members will be required to pay
a one-day TSA license fee at registration – this applies to both international athletes and
South African athletes.
- All athletes will be required to complete biometric registration (ID, image and fingerprint)
on-site when collecting registration packs in person.
- Per Withdrawal and Transfer Policy, entries may not be transferred to another athlete or sold.
- No exceptions to registration pack collection times.